Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day before my surgery


For all who love to understand what i am going through during the surgery, the above youtube video will make a clearer picture for you. The users of the video has other example of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Implant video. You check them out. If not, there are actually tons of videos about people going for such surgery in youtube for you to view and understand.

So came 23rd August 2010 and all prepared, not really actually... I headed down to NUH Dental Clinic 1 to draw blood for testing (3 tubes), i nearly fainted when i was told about 3 tubes. I just lay there and let the Staff Nurse poke the needle in and draw 3 tubes of blood away. At the same time, i was wondering whether i will be short of blood the next day when i enter the Operating Theatre (OT).

After which, i went to Kuan Yin Thong Hood Cho to pray for success operation. Then dinner with some friends at Bugis. Went home and tried to rest for the night as i need to wake up around 6am for the operation.

Unfortunately i was actually running a slight flu in the day and it got a little worst after the dental visit. I was kind of pissed off that i might not be able to do the surgery the next day. It means that i will not be able to recover before i return to school and all my plan will go to waste. I told myself that no matter what i will have to go through the operation.

Worried? Scared?
Of course i am worried and scared that i will never make it out from the OT. I am worried about the pain i will have to take when i am out from the OT but i trust that the painkiller and morphine helps. Many things run through my mind that night and i could barely sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment